Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Summer Fun Flashback: Dallas Arboretum

With Dave off of work for the 5th of July, we went to the Dallas Arboretum, another place on our Summer Fun list. It is one of my favorite places in Dallas, and they were having a special event where they had constructed flower houses to go along with the Tales of Peter Rabbit. As a bonus, I had just received a new DSLR camera for my birthday, so I took it along for some practice.
The flower houses:




They also had a petting zoo:

With Peter himself:

Strolling in the garden:

We had a runaway:

It was a fun day, but it was HOT. Here is Emma taking a break in the Texas Village. I think she is vowing not to come back until the weather is cooler:

2 comments:

Mistie said...

wow! What a beautiful place. I bet you love exploring there. i need a new place to explore. :)

Jenny said...

They are so big!!!! Such cute pics Jess! :)