Thursday, November 15, 2007

Carmen's Sticky Scab


My friend Ginger Churchill wrote a picture book called Carmen's Sticky Scab. It is published by Tanglewood Press and is available here. It is the story of a red-headed girl named Carmen, who (wait for it) gets a scab. She is warned by everyone from her parents to the lunch lady the potentially dire consequences of picking said scab. Sounds simple, right? But in Ginger's hands the results are hilarious and will conjure up scab memories you didn't know you had. Buy it for Christmas for everyone you know, whether they have kids or not. Trust me, they'll love it. And not because she's my friend, but because the end is so laugh-out-loud funny that your husband will come from two rooms away to see what you're laughing about.

2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Ooooooo, I love a good kids' book, and this looks just perfect for Pippi.

Ginger Churchill said...

Okay, why did I never see this before? You are so awesome. Thanks, Jess!