Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Today as working people begin laboring again, millions of kids head back to school and fall unofficially begins. My life isn't going to change whatsoever, but in spite of that I feel the rumblings of a fresh start. (Perhaps that is the result of 25+ years of buying school supplies. Nothing says fresh start like a package of unsharpened pencils.)

We have had a lovely summer--we were able to see both sides of our family, and thanks to Jen for getting married, we were able to see some good friends too. But I am ready to be home for a while and get into some sort of a routine. Here's to organization, new pencils, and the crisp scent of Fall.

4 comments:

erin said...

I'm ready to get back into some kind of routine again too! And I hope it feels like fall in Memphis when I fly in tomorrow! I'm done with the boiling temperatures! A pack of sharp pencils sounds refreshing!

Sarah H said...

Mmmm...I love school supplies. And your mention of the pencils reminds me of "You've got mail." I think fall is my favorite season--especially Fall in the Northeast.

The Silly Witch said...

Well, we haven't got a crisp scent of fall here, but occasionally we hear the rumbles of thunder and feel a slight breeze. I guess that's a Houston-style Fall.

Nevertheless, I feel it too. Fall is definitely the time of year to start a regular routine.

Jen said...

You're welcome! :) Hopefully I'll actually be near Chicago the next time you visit--we can plan a nice rendezvous.