Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fun in Chicago

A couple of weeks ago Emma and I went to Chicago to visit my grandparents, who live there. My parents, Tyler, and Brittany (who live in Michigan) and my brother Chris (who lives in Utah) came too, making it a fun family reunion. We went to the zoo, played games, ate Chicago pizza, played Nintendo Wii, and just had a good time hanging out. I'm so glad that we got to spend some quality family time. Below are some random pictures from the trip:


Tyler, Mom, Emma, and Mumma playing dominoes. (Emma thought they were tasty).


Chris, Brittany, Me, Emma, Tyler, Dad at the Lincoln Park Zoo


Emma really liked the polar bears! With Mom and the boys in the background.


Me and Emma looking at the giraffes.


Emma and Brittany play with (or, rather, eat) legos.


Emma had a great time playing with this mirror.


Emma and Shadow. They were wary of each other at first, but very interested...


Emma gets daring and tries to pet Shadow.


Emma bonding with Mumma.


Emma playing with Poppa.

9 comments:

Rhonda said...

Man, we miss you guys so much. Emma is ADORABLE. Looking at the pictures makes us so homesick for family.

We sure hope you can come over Nov. 17th for Katie's reception. Of course you can come earlier, we will take you anytime you can come.

Love you guys.

erin said...

Yeah, I was waiting for the pics from your trip! Looks like you had fun! She is at such a fun stage! Is she always as happy as she looks in these pics? She's a cutie!

Amberly said...

She is at such a fun age, she seems so interested and curious about everything! Glad you had a fun trip!

Becca said...

What a fun trip! I'm sure your grandparents had a great time having all of you there, especially Emma.

Jenny said...

Tyler & Brittany are SO big! I remember when they were wee lil things. Crazy!

Tyler Waterfall said...

I loved the picture of Emma and Shadow. Kate loves dogs, too, although she's not sure quite what to do with them. Emma's hair is getting long! I already can't wait to see you guys at Christmas.

Sara said...

So glad you're back! I've missed your posting! Looks like you had a great time!

Jaime said...

Nice pics! Emma is soo big and sassy. I can tell you had such s great time, but selfishly, I am soo glad you are back in town.

The Silly Witch said...

It looks like a nice trip with lots of time with family. Emma looks HUGE and so smart.

We miss you guys!