Friday, August 3, 2007

Message in a Bottle-Oh

On Wednesday night Dave and I went to see the Police in concert at Madison Square Garden. I must admit that I had my doubts after fighting traffic for two hours and listening to the opening act that was WAY too loud and annoying. But it was a great concert and a lot of fun. Though we were among the youngest people in the audience (picture a bunch of middle-aged white people--more homogenous than most crowds in NYC), everyone was dancing and singing along. Which was good, because there are some notes that Sting just can't hit anymore (such as the key changes in "Roxanne"). They were all looking a little old; the drummer was wearing a headband and glasses and looked like he was going to play raquetball. The other guitarist had a bit of a beer belly, though not as much as many audience members. It was just as a concert should be--the band was congenial and they played all the "greatest hits". As for us, it was fun to feel like we were in college again, if only for a couple of hours.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Wow! The only concert I have ever been to it like that was a country concert when Chris and I were first married and I don't even remember who it was now. I'm sure you guys had a blast!

Kiersten said...

Ooh, I'm jealous. The Police aren't coming through my neck of the woods. Awesome for you!

Tyler Waterfall said...

David has always been such a Sting fan. I still remember driving home from BYU listening to "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic." I'm glad you guys went!

Jenny said...

Josh & I are seeing them in November when they come back to Boston. We weren't able to get tix to see them at Fenway.

Can't wait! :)