Friday, September 7, 2007

10 Months!


Today is Emma's 10-month birthday. She's had busy month and has learned a lot of new skills. I'v been putting off a post of her new talents in the hopes of catching them on film (what is the digital camera eqivalent of film?), but she's pretty fast, so I'll just list them.

1. Crawling. Everywhere. FAST.

2. Climing up the 3 steps from the living room to her bedroom. (She has yet to figure out how to get down by herself, but luckily she knows to stop at the top of the stairs.)

3. Pulling herself up to standing. She's gotten so cocky about it that half the time she doesn't even hold to anything, she just leans. A couple of times she stood by herself for a second or two before falling over. (And she will pull up on ANYTHING, myself included).

4. Pointing. It's pretty cute, except when she pokes you in the eye.

5. Holding her own cup. She's not very good at it yet because she doesn't often hold it high enough, but we're working on it.

6. Cruising along the furniture.

7. This one isn't nearly as positive, but she's learned to complain (shriek/cry) when she wants something.

That's all I can think of for now, but she sure is fun!

4 comments:

erin said...

She seems so much older standing up! She's growing up so fast, and I haven't met her yet! Sad! Emma just seems so cute!
Oh, and I'm with you on your goals...they all are things I'm trying to do to! We'll keep each other in check! I'm really wanting to sew now too, so I'm also hoping for a sewing machine sometime!

Chiska said...

Happy ten months Emma! Sounds like she's getting very big and very fun!

The Silly Witch said...

They grow too fast! It was just last year at this time when you were wondering whether or not she would be here in time to wear a Halloween costume.

Jenny said...

Happy 10 months! I cannot wait to meet her (and see you!). We need to figure something out.