Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Why I Love This Girl

As Emma inches closer to turning 2, she grows more fun and more frustrating every day, as any parent of a toddler can attest. Being pregnant and feeling icky with a toddler is way harder than being pregnant and feeling icky and teaching a bunch of teenagers. So at the end of the day, after dinner but not quite bedtime, I often find myself draped on the couch, exhausted. During this time my little chatterbox loves to accost me, talking loudly and trying to climb on me and poke me in the abdomen with her pointy elbows or knees. Tonight I closed my eyes and made a sad face, telling her "shhhh, Mommy sick." She toddled off and I lay in a quiet bliss for a couple of minutes. When she came back, she was toting a throw blanket that I often use. She lay it on me and said "shhhh."

Inside that sometimes crazy toddler is a very sweet girl. I think I had little to do with making her this way, but I am so glad that she is mine.

7 comments:

Maile said...

Oh, she is so sweet! Asher still randomly mentions her. =) I hope you feel better soon.

The Silly Witch said...

What a sweet sweet story. I know what you mean, and sometime I think if I could bottle up my toddler and keep him the way he is now forever, I would.

Mistie said...

I love those little moments. Dont you think one day when our kids are all big...those are the little memories that we will savor the most?!!

Unknown said...

Awww.... I miss you and Emma! I want to come visit!

Jenny said...

Aw! That is so precious and sweet.

Sorry you're not feeling great Jess. Hope it gets better soon!

Emily said...

Jess--CONGRATS on being pregnant! That is wonderful! There is a book you MUST read--and I just posted a review about it on my new blog: "Waiting for Birdy" by Catherine Newman. It is the *perfect* book to read when you're pregnant with #2. You will love it. This post you wrote--yeah, it is in that book. You will LOVE it. ;-)

Anyway, I need to add you to my google reader now! I'm so glad i stumbled on your blog again (from "DC DIVA" blog).

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/6-tempat-waxing-terbaik-di-jakarta