Saturday, February 16, 2008

Who'd have thunk?

I have tamed 34 inner-city teenagers and even managed to teach them something. I have broken up fights and confiscated chewing tobacco and numerous electronics.

All that to be defeated by a toddler.

It is 5:58 am. I have slept for maybe 2 hours. Said toddler has slept for 5 (three of those hours were from 7 to 10 pm, which I would have taken advantage of if I had known what was coming). She is not sick in the slightest, and seems to be fine, except for random short banshee-like screams. After trying several solutions, I can only assume the screams will be cured by putting her to sleep, which I have attempted approximately 112 times at this point.

THe best part? We have to be on a plane in 12 hours. Sorry Northwest flight 657!

7 comments:

Maile said...

Jess, I am SOOOOOO sorry. What an awful night. Hopefully Emma will crash on the plane from exhaustion!

erin said...

Sounds like Bri this last week. She's working on 3 molars at the same time....so no sleep all week! Best of luck! I hope she is excellent on the plane!

The Silly Witch said...

Ooooo Jess good luck with that. I'm sure that white noise on the plane will lull her right to sleep. Toddlers are SO fun, eh?

Sarah H said...

Yikes. Maybe since she's been awake, then she'll sleep for the whole time on the plane?

Maybe she's just so excited she can't sleep. ;)

Leishman family said...

That is so funny because we had one of those nights last night with Carso. It was not as bad!!!

Jaime said...

oh jess, hang in there. you guys looked well recovered this morning at Institute. so glad you made it back in one piece. is she teething something hefty like a mollar?

jack has had some random hysterical nights and I think it is because more teeth are on the way.

toddlerdom is not my favorite place to be some days...

Jenny said...

Oh no! That sucks. :( Sorry!!

Where are you going though??