Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Day!

We woke up this morning to find this:


It's the biggest snowfall of the season. Though, that being said: it's really not that bad. I think the snow stopped at about 5 inches and it's currently raining and/or sleeting. The weather people like to call it a "wintry mix", which I think is kind of a copout. People are freaking out like they've never seen snow before and there have been hundreds of accidents.

As for us? We stayed home all day, reading and cleaning with a "Field of Dreams"-like hope: "If you clean it, Spring will come." We'll see. But at least there's not a pile of boxes in the corner of my bedroom anymore. Now I'm just trying to decide if it's ethical to order a pizza. :)

4 comments:

Maile said...

Wow!! Can't say I'm sorry to be missing this, although it is too bad we bought both the kids snow boots this year for no reason. I hope you ordered the pizza!

Amberly said...

I love days like that! An excuse to stay cozy inside, and good for you for being productive at the same time! Hope you're enjoying winter!

Rhonda said...

I think we got more than the 7 inches Peter said we had, but who knows. I do know we had SO MUCH FUN.

When are you coming to visit us?

Did you read that Rachel is engaged?

The Silly Witch said...

"If you clean it, Spring will come." That is SO funny. Oh how I remember those New Jersey days.