Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 6: Decorate Christmas Tree


One of my favorite Christmas songs is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," but not since my freshman year in college have I taken it so literally. Even when we lived in 350 square feet in Manhattan we managed to get a decent (fake) 5 foot tree. But with Dave working the entire Thanksgiving weekend and then taking a never-ending business trip to Houston (he's already canceled two different flights home), this is what we have. That's all I have to say about that.

5 comments:

K said...

I like it. It's cute. And the rest of your house is amazing! I love all your decor, especially the advent stockings!
We just barely put up our tree for the same reasons. I kept waiting for Tom to be around and he was always gone. He'll be gone again all this week in Texas and Louisiana, so this weekend was our only chance. I really hope Dave gets to come home soon!

w said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
w said...

It's cute!! And at least if the kids get into it, it is really easy to redecorate!

The Silly Witch said...

Good enough Jess. You are a trooper carrying on your Christmas plans without Dave.

Kallee said...

I'm sorry for both you and overworked Dave. Kudos to you for making sure the girls still have a fun holiday season. Rockwall sounds like a very festive town.