Friday, January 23, 2009

The More Things Change

The more they stay absolutely the same! I love Jon Stewart's take on Obama's inauguration speech...it's totally worth watching if you haven't seen it.

Interesting comparison, no? Much has been said about the historic election, hope, change, blah blah blah. I didn't vote for President Obama, but that doesn't mean that I want him to fail, either. (We have enough problems as it is!) It's just that I'm a bit skeptical. We've heard a lot of pretty rhetoric from him, but haven't really seen much action. I'm interested to see what he can actually do. My hunch is that he'll quickly learn that all of these problems are not so simple after all...no wonder President Bush couldn't solve them. But I'm willing to give him a chance. Just do me one favor please, Mr. New President? Don't spend my money on another massive bailout. The last one didn't work, and I doubt a second one will, either. Recessions happen, the economy cycles, and things will most likely be looking up by the time you're up for re-election.
PS. Just for fun, check out The Idiossey: The Epic Poem of Obamacles. You may not like it if you think Obama can walk on water, but if you're realistic (and have a vague memory of high school English) you'll probably find it funny. It's a little long, but the "Hildusa" parts in the middle are laugh-out-loud hilarious.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That's pretty funny Jess. I think most people will be surpised at how few things "change". The only change I've seen so far is a bad one. I saw on the news that Obama had reversed a measure that Pres. Bush had in place. Obama is now spending millions of our tax dollars to pay for abortions all throughout the world. What a wonderful guy. :(

Oertel said...

Love it.