Sunday, June 22, 2008

For the Love of a Dog

When we were visiting my parents in Michigan, Emma became quite attached to their dog, Shadow. I'm not sure she totally loved him, but he definitely provided hours of entertainment. They were about the same size, they ate similar foods (cheese, Reese's puffs cereal that looked like the dog's food), and they had a mutually beneficial relationship. Emma liked to follow Shadow around and climb on furniture with her, while Shadow was much appreciative of Emma's habit of dropping food in her path. Every morning Emma woke up at 6 am (yes, SIX...not my favorite part of our trip) saying "doggie" and "woof woof" in her crib, and the first thing we'd do was find Shadow. It was fun to watch them play, and Shadow was the subject of Emma's first two sentences: "Hi, doggie!" and "Where'd he go?"

5 comments:

britt(; said...

shadows a girl!

Maile said...

She is so cute!! (She mostly meaning Emma, although the dog is pretty cute too.) I love her little voice!

Rhonda said...

Ha. She totally loves Shadow because they both have the same issues... you know... where to go potty in private, eating boring food, and hair that just never looks tamed.

Laura said...

Cute dog, cute girl, but what I REALLY want to say is . . .

Happy, happy Birthday, Feuz-y dear. Happy days will come to you all year. If I had a wish then it would be a happy, happy birthday to you from me! (Tomorrow.)

Much Love!

(And don't stop notice if I put a comma between the two happys or not. I can't remember the rule and I know you do. So don't even look at it. But the capital L in love was intentional because that's how much I love you.)

Naomi said...

Tee Hee! I love how she's not too sure about kissing the doggie. Very cute!