Saturday, October 20, 2007

Bronx Zoo Adventure

Yesterday we had glorious weather, at least temperature-wise. Though the day started out overcast and ended up raining, it was 75 degrees, so we grabbed my friend Maile and Emma's friends Kaia and Asher and headed to the zoo. The threat of rain kept many people away (and it drove us away a few hours later), but we had a wonderful morning and felt like we practically had the zoo to ourselves.


Emma did not like being a bird, though you can see from the picture that she squawks like one.


While I ate lunch, Emma had her first french fry. She grabbed it and had it in her mouth before I even noticed. As you can see, she is a fan.


Emma on the Bug Carousel. She alternated between pure terror and pure exhilaration. I think in the end exhilaration won.


Both of us on the Bug Carousel.


Asher and Emma at the Gorilla House. They were both thrilled to be out of the strollers.

1 comment:

Tyler Waterfall said...

I like Emma on the bug carousel. What a sincere, sweet face! I'm glad you have been doing so many fun things and getting out so much before the cold weather comes. Good for you!