Monday, July 23, 2007

Cali Vacation 2007: Day 2

Last Monday, Dave, his dad, Matt, Emma, and I headed into San Francisco. Our destination: Alcatraz. (We wanted to go last year, but it sells out weeks in advance in the summer, so we planned ahead this time.) Emma was even sporting an Alcatraz onesie that Grandpoppy bought her last year when she was still in utero. Dave and I had debated whether or not to bring Emma, but I won out and she came. And I was right! She absolutely LOVED the boat ride--it was like a 20 minute roller coaster with the wind. This child is definitely going to be a bit of a thrill seeker.

The tour of Alcatraz was great. They had a wonderful audio tour that was about an hour long and told you just as much information as you wanted to know. After Alcatraz we went out for crab. (Well, the boys did, I had fish and chips. I'm not really one for crab.)

That evening we went out to dinner with Dave's parents, grandparents, Aunt Julie, and cousins. Unfortuately, I didn't bring a camera to the dinner, but it was another fun family gathering. Emma even fell asleep with the babysitter!


View of Alcatraz from the boat.


My favorite picture of the day: Emma in ecstasy in the wind.


Holding back the hair...


Emma doing her crinkly nose face.


Emma says, "Wahoo!"


Grandpoppy pushing Emma up the big hill.


Dave and Emma pose in front of a cell (check out Emma's prison stripes).


Matt, Dave, Grandpoppy, and Emma posing in front of the recreation yard.


Matt, Grandpoppy, Dave, and Emma hanging out in D block.


The view of San Fran from Alcatraz Island.


Matt with his crab. He ate the WHOLE thing, then proceeded to pick from Dave's plate.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I did the Alcatraz tour YEARS ago and remember finding it so interesting. Glad you had fun. And those pics of Emma are adorable!

Tyler Waterfall said...

I loved seeing the pictures of Alcatraz. Emma really did love the wind! And how perfect that she wore her prison-striped onesie. You guys are so fun.

erin said...

That is so cute! I love that she just soaked up the wind like that! Chad when to Alcatraz when I was pregnant and brought home the same onsie Emma wore. It's still too big so Bri hasn't worn it yet! She's starting to feel like a prisoner in her crib so maybe it's time to break it out!