Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Trip to the Zoo

Though I am currently rather pregnantly large and uncomfortable, I had to document this as I do, occasionally, do fun things with my children. (Especially this summer, which will be VERY low-key.) Last month we took advantage of our zoo membership and went one more time before it expired. It was a gorgeous day (highs only in the 70s!). We called some friends and had a fabulous time.

One of my favorite parts of the zoo is in the new "Giants of the Savannah" exhibit. You buy some overpriced lettuce, then you get to feed the giraffes! We were the first ones to feed them for the day, so they were excited to see us.

Emma, looking a little nervous after the lettuce is snatched out of her hand. (And yeah, that's not me. My friend held the kids while I took the pictures).



The cheetahs were out enjoying the "cooler" weather too:

We always have to sit on the elephant statues:


We took a ride on the Jungle Monorail:


And for the finale of the day, an especially rare treat: A tiger sighting! (We have been going to the Dallas Zoo for 3 years now and I have NEVER before spotted an actual tiger in the exhibit.)

2 comments:

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

I too was shocked about the tiger siting. It's like he waited for all of those loud kids to leave and then sat down right in front, just for us!!! :)

Jenny said...

I want to see a picture of you & your belly!! :)