Monday, September 8, 2008

The Dallas Aquarium

Note: Yes, I know I've been a blogging slacker. But I have repented and am catching up. So for your viewing pleasure, enjoy these pictures of our visit to the Dallas Aquarium. They are a little old (we went back when we were living in the La Quinta at the end of July), but it's one of the coolest aquariums we've ever been to. And we know fish! Well, Dave really likes them. But seriously, it was fabulous, and I'd totally get a membership if I had 4 kids to make it worth the $200. As an added bonus, instead of expensive fast food as your only dining option, they had an actual, moderately priced Mexican restaurant that was totally yummy. I'm a fan. Now if only I could justify that membership fee...

Emma and I with the cool foliage outside the building

Emma and I in front of the big tank. The blur at the bottom right is a sea turtle, and the blur above me is either some sort of shark or a manatee.

Emma conversing with the penguins.

Dave was there too! He and Emma hanging out with the penguins.

I thought I had more pictures than this, but you'll just have to take my word for it. It really is cool. The main part is 3 levels, starting with the top of a rain forest (with monkeys!), descending down to the shore (with alligators!), and then underwater (with manatees!). We had fun. Come visit us, we'll take you.

7 comments:

Becca said...

Sure looks like fun! Emma is already looking bigger - you haven't been gone that long!! Hope you are liking the rest of TX too!

Emily said...

Ah, the thing that caught my eye out of that post is Mexican food. I've never been to TX but I imagine they have good mexican food. That's one thing I really miss about UT. You just can't get that yummy stuff in NJ. :)

Jaime said...

Looks awesome! Emma already looks so different and older. We miss you guys!

Jaime said...

Looks awesome! Emma already looks so different and older. We miss you guys!

Jaime said...

Looks awesome! Emma already looks so different and older. We miss you guys!

Jaime said...

Looks awesome! Emma already looks so different and older. We miss you guys!

Rhonda said...

When can we come?