Monday, August 11, 2008

Ode to Kroger

Dear Kroger, you're my number one
You make shopping lots of fun.
The store is always nice and clean;
I prefer to buy food that is pristine.

There are lots of employees to work.
Their Kroger duties, they do not shirk.
Monday, Tuesday, any day
help is there to show me the way.

Stop & Shop could learn a thing or two
about customer service by watching you.
A person to scan my groceries, another to bag my stuff,
another brought it to the car--all without a huff!

I can always find a cart.
You're more convenient than the mini-mart.
The selection is wide, the prices are good,
I'm so glad you're in my neighborhood!

I can find what I need right in front of me,
specialized ingredients for any recipe.
The shelves are always fully stocked.
I love you, Kroger--you rock!

8 comments:

Emily said...

LOL, that is hilarious Jess!! I didn't know you were such a poet. Life outside of JC really is different isn't it. It's funny how you get used to mediocrity and what how refreshing it is when you find something nice.

Maile said...

Very impressive poem! And Kroger sounds amazing. =)

Naomi said...

Tee Hee! Jess, I'm totally still giggling of your very factual poem! I'm laughing too because you probably shopped at the same stop and shop that I do on Manhattan Avenue and so I completely feel your pain! Oh, can't wait for Kroger days! Thanx for the good laugh today.

Lulu said...

YEAH!!! You found the Krogers!!
i love Krogers too. definitely better than shop & stop.
hehe, you'll find more and more things that are just so much better than things in Jersey City.
Enjoy!

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

I couldn't agree more. I think you are such a talented poet. You should think about a career change. ;)

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

I couldn't agree more. I think you are such a talented poet. You should think about a career change. ;)

Rhonda said...

Yeah, and let's not get started on BIG Y! UGH! See you in a few weeks.

Erica said...

Oh how I miss Kroger. Or Albertson's. What I wouldn't give for an Albertsons.