Tuesday, April 22, 2008

One of Those Days

Today was one of those days where I could have done cartwheels when 7 p.m. (bedtime) rolled around. Except I was too tired.

Here's a picture to sum it up:

Yes, that is black Sharpie. Though truth be told it could have been much worse. I got to her before she made it to any furniture or walls, and it came off relatively quickly with some dish soap and water. What really got to me today was the wailing and knashing of teeth.

But. Tomorrow is another day!

PS: To whom it may concern--I don't care what kind of noise she's making, Emma is not allowed out of her crib until at least 7 am unless there is a fire. Thank you.

10 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has kids that like to experiment. I just wish I was as fast as you at retrieving Sharpies. Thanks Goodness for Magic Erasers, dish soap, alcohol, fingernail polish remover, and laundry detergent. Whew! I can't imagine having a toddler without any of these things. And good job Emma, you didn't get any in your mouth.

Maile said...

Oh, boy, do I feel for you! And I totally agree that children should NOT get up before 7 am - Kaia keeps waking up around 6:30, which wakes Asher up...way too early to start the day.

sam & sarah said...

i agree with you 100%, let them cry it out! if you don't do it now, you will have a big 6 year old in bed with you (trust me...i know!!!)

Amberly said...

laughed out lout. love when 7:00 p.m. rolls around and 7:00 a.m. always comes too early. hang in there emma...

Rhonda said...

For what it's worth... did you think by some great act of dumb luck that you, smartest/sweetest mom on earth, would escape the "My Child Will NEVER Find The Sharpies" scenario?

I am still laughing and remembering the time Elijah found a whole stinking BOX of 32 fat tip Sharpies. He had them hid and kept coming up with them. We were all sick with the flu and he, at age 22 months, did about 4300.00 worth of Insurance damage to the carpets, appliances, wood floors and walls.

Tyler Waterfall said...

Some days I think, "Is 6:30 too early to put Kate to bed?" I'm glad we're not the only ones who have days like that. And you're right--before 7 a.m. is rough.

Laura said...

Hey Feuz,

How do I hotline from a list at the side to a posting on my blog?

Love,

Laura

Laura said...

And by hotline I mean hotlink.

Laura

britt(; said...

you spelled gnashing wrong. =]
and you need to put the cherry shirt picture on!

Laura said...

All right, Feuz. It's time to update. Or I will stop obsessively checking your blog, so help me.