Friday, December 14, 2007

All I want for Christmas is...


A new washer/dryer was definitely NOT on my list. That is, up until about 10 days ago when our old one decided to die. I've done my time at the laundromat and I am not going back. So last Saturday we went to Sears, Home Depot, Sears, Lowe's, and Sears in search of the perfect one. I had hoped that the next time I'd be picking out appliances we'd have a house and I'd pick out the posh ones you see advertised in magazines. While the pickings in stackable washer/dryers are quite slim, especially given the dimensions of our utility closet, we found a pretty front-loader. It's bigger than the old one and definitely has more bells and whistles (the old one was probably 15-20 years old). So thus it is: Merry Christmas to ME!

4 comments:

Amberly said...

I personally think that anything getting you out of the laundromat is a perfectly fitting christmas present, I rather like them!

Amberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah H said...

cool. A good w/d is always nice. We might be buying a new one too.

The Silly Witch said...

Ugh! You know your grown up when you ask for a washer and dryer for Christmas. You'll probably be able to buy something you REALLY want with all the money you save on energy!