Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy Spring!


Spring arrived today and it couldn't come soon enough! The picture was taken yesterday, looking out on our little patio and to the parking lot. (Pleasant view, eh?) That is what Spring looks like in New Jersey. To be fair, though, the ice has melted quite a bit since the picture was taken.

I *love* the Spring. I feel like I'm waking up from a long hibernation. The older I get the more poignant this feeling is, and the more I understand the symbolism of rebirth found in Easter. I am excited to have warmer weather and get Emma outside. I can't wait to introduce her to sun and grass. I'm also looking forward to Spring clothes. She has been so rolly-polly lately, curling up her legs and grabbing her feet whenever I take her pants off to change her diaper. It will be fun to see her little body when she's only wearing a onesie.

May the snow and the cold be officially gone!

3 comments:

Amberly said...

I love spring as well and feel like it totally skipped us this year, we went from chilly to hot hot hot... oh well, I can enjoy the sun anyway. i'm excited for you to be able to get outside and play!

The Silly Witch said...

We loved the spring weather today, too. We'll be hiking tomorrow (yes even in the mud), I think!

5littlemonkies said...

Hey... Connecticut Spring looks a little like the same climate. Ha. HOWEVER, it would be so much more exciting if we had you guys come and visit!